Saturday, September 15, 2007

MADNESS...NO OTHER WORD DESCRIBES THIS

Pouring rain makes it hard to see the people and pot holes-and whatever else is in the way.
Driving in Kenya has proved to have its own set of difficulties. In my last prayer update I asked for prayer as I learn to drive our (Daylan and My) manual car. Well, I want to thank you so much! I have been driving a little bit at a time and today I drove all by myself. I know that may not seem like a big feat-but believe me it is! Maybe some of these pictures will help to make it make more sense....
This is where the madness begins. The gray car on the right was towing the car behind it through this busy intersection during high traffic time.
They were fine, until the rope broke
leaving the broken down car in the middle of the intersection.
The broken down car tried to reconnect the rope but it kept breaking.
So the gray car kept going.
Of course no one wanted to wait. So they all just went through and around the car.
This is supposed to be two lanes of traffic.
And the best part is that we are in one of the lanes.
Dirty bus with lots of diesel..YUCK!








No comments: