Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Game one down...

My girls' soccer team had their first game yesterday against Rosslyn. Although they did not win we had a lot of fun and I think they learned a lot about soccer, mostly that you really are not allowed to use your hands. After the first half we were down 4-1 and the girls seemed a little discouraged. One of them was because of a hand ball in the box, so they got a penalty kick. Natalie felt so bad ;( We did however manage to score on them, and we are the first team to have done that this season (this was their fourth game and our first). We scored again in the second half and the final score was 6-2. I was so proud of how well they did. They do not lack for enthusiasim that is for sure. They just need a little more experience. They play again next Wednesday against ISK, we will see how that ones goes. The bus ride home got a little crazy as we got stuck in HORRIBLE Nairobi traffic. It should have taken us about a hour to get home and it took three hours. Needless to say we were all really ready to get home when we finally got off the bus at 8. At least Daylan and I got to help them with their homework, well they were excited about that part. Besides the traffic we all had a lot of fun and I am excited about our game next week. I just have A LOT to do before now and then so please keep me in your prayers. I feel like I have not been able to stop since I got back. It is nice to be busy, but I am ready for a day of rest. I will add pictures as soon as I can!

No comments: