Thursday, May 03, 2007

My BIRTHDAY!!!

Thank you to everyone who called and wrote me emails and such on my birthday. It was a very special day for me. I was sad to be away from "home" but my friends and students really made me feel loved. My day started with a phone call from a very special someone and as the day went on I continued to get gifts and phone calls. One of my roommates gave me flowers and brought me breakfast. Some students gave me earings and one made me garlic bread (not sure why but it was thoughtful!). The second grade class attacked me with stickers and the 6th grade class sang to me as loud as they could (27 6tgh graders=VERY LOUD!!!) When I got home we made delicious chicken fajitas and my sister called :) Some other friends joined us for dinner and cake. One friend gave me a "patch" of grass. She said she couldn't resist...it made her think of me. Not sure what that means! After dinner my mom called and I also got to talk to my brother a bit. Overall the day was very special and thank you for being a part of it from across the miles! One month from today and I will be back in the states! OH WOW! Thanks again...miss you all! See you soon!
My awesome roommies making my yummy dinner!
filling time...waiting for the cake to get done

Beautiful flowers from Tracey Hagman, an awesome mom from school!


So...we didn't really have candles. Tea lights work quite well though!
...thanks for the cake Jen and Alison!

Heather was kind enough to give me a lovely patch of fake grass...oh the random things you find in the stores in Kenya. I was very excited about my elephant mug!!

No comments: