Thursday, October 19, 2006

Conferences almost done...

Here I am Thursday afternoon with all but two parent-teacher conferences done! I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone who prayed for me and who send encouraging emails. I have to admit that I really enjoyed the conferences, as I thought I might. The familes at WNS are so amazing and I am so blessed to be able to teach their children.
Sometimes I felt bad because we only spent about five minutes talking about their child and the rest of the time we were talking about how I was adjusting or how they could help me to enjoy my time here more. I just felt like saying, I don't know how that is possible. I got lots of dinner invitations, which is always a good thing. One of my Korean students , Hanbeen, his mom is a cook. Well, she told me in her very broken english that she has her job as a cook for various schools to raise money to send to the Korean missionaries in the area and to support her church. She was such a sweet lady. And from what I have heard she makes AMAZING food...I can't wait to take her up on her offer. That was just one of many that went so well. I had two parents tell me that last year their daughters had cried about math and wanted to give up and this year it is almost one of the favorite classes. All I can say is that God is blessing me..becasue many days I feel like I have no clue what I am doing. I am very thankful for my awesome progessors at Judson that really did teach me some stuff after all ;)
Today the boy's soccer team plays against Rosslyn. I guess I better go and make sure that the field is ready to go. This weekend we are taking a trip to Mt. Kenya because we have tomorrow off of school for Kenyatta Day (to celebrate Kenya's first President). Hopefully I will be ablt to take lots of pictures to share with you. Thanks again for the prayers and emails! Miss you all!

No comments: