Tuesday, October 03, 2006

We win again!!!

Well, after a really fun weekend with the girls it is back to school. I ended up having nine girls stay the night at our house on Friday night. We ate spaghetti, played games, watched movies, looked at magazines and dreamed about going shopping again some day. It was really fun to get to know the girls on a different level. God has really given me a passion for the middle school girls. I am thinking about starting a small group with some of them but I have a lot of questions about it right now. Please pray that God will give me wisdom about that. Just who I should do it with or when would be a good time or even what I should talk to them about. Lots of ideas but I am just not sure how to put it all together right now, especially because time is limited. So yea, if you think about it just pray that God would give me wisdom in that area.
Our teams continue to do well. We had our first home games yesterday. Despite it being really hot, limited space, and the refs not showing up we were able to play the games and they both won. I made my big debut as a basketball referee...HA! But it all turned out ok! The kids continue to just be happy to get to play but winning is always nice. We start playing against the other American schools next week so we will see how competition changes for those. They are the big rival schools...so big expecations for those! :)
The weather is starting to get really hot right now. We have still had a little rain but we are fianlly coming out of winter..ha! Weird thought! I think that this weekend we are going to go and hike a dormant volcanoe. I am looking forward to getting out of the city again. Well, hope all is well! Thanks for all the prayers!

No comments: