Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sankofa...Amani Ya Juu Fashion Show

Remember my friends I talked about in my last update letter. Well, as part of their job they have been organizing a fashion show to introduce a new line of clothing that the women are designing...it was a huge project that they have been working on for about a year. It was so great to see it all come together. I definitely had to rest all day to have enough energy to make the evening but I was so glad that I was able to go! Thanks again for all your prayers!

All dressed up and ready for the fashion show!!!
This was my favorite model. She was just so excited for this opportunity!

Some of the models-this is a mix of professional Kenyan models and women from Amani Ya Juu
Me and the roomies all dressed up. My mom made my dress! :)
This is the group of friends that I spent most of my time with outside of teaching. Most of them work for various NGOs within Nairobi, Sudan, and Rwanda.

No comments: