Friday, October 26, 2007

Typhoid

I must say that I never expected to write a post labeled TYPHOID. I feel like it is one of those things that you only hear about when you have to go and get your vaccinations before you go to some foreign country. Well, at least that was the last time I heard about it.
I went to the Dr. on Tuesday because I had been feeling poorly for about 1 1/2 weeks and decided it was not going to just go away. I figured I probably had some little critter living inside of me and that i would just have to take some three day dosage of something and get rid of it. So, I did some tests and they all came back negative. The Dr. said that she wanted to do further tests to check for ulcers and typhoid. TYPHOID I thought...no way! I almost didn't even do the blood test to check because I didn't think it was an option. So, I went back to school and told all the teachers I figured I had an ulcer caused by a bacteria-I even emailed my family and told them. Then I went back to the Dr. yesterday and she told me that I had definitely tested positive for Typhoid. I was definitely a bit stunned. I had to have her explain everything to me twice because I was like WAIT....WHAT?!? She probably thought I was so clueless or something. She wrote me a prescription and dazed I walked out. I walked down stairs to my friend Amy who had gone with me and told her and her mouth just dropped...she was as confused as I was. We went to the chemist who of course tried to rip us off-initially charging me about $70 and I got the medicine for $8-what a punk! So now I am taking the medicine and hoping that it will kick in soon. I definitely still feel poorly but still able to function. Please just pray that this weekend will be restful and the medicine will do its job SOON! Thanks so much!

No comments: