Thursday, March 08, 2007

Season ends...

The girls had their last game yesterday. I have to admit that I am quite happy to have a little free time in my afternoons, for awhile at least, but I was sad for it to end. On Monday I was talking to the girls and said, "Tomorrow is our last day of practice, so we have to work hard." They were all like "NO WAY!" "Can we just keep practicing?" I felt like saying, hello you don't seem to care when you are here why do you want to keep playing? But then I realized it is about so much more to them. It is about being with their friends and being part of a team. I really had so much fun with the girls and learned a lot through this season. Of course I wish that we could have done better, but those are only details. The girls worked hard and they really did improve. It helps me to look forward to next year and how the team will continue to develop.
Our last game was very intense. Although we did not win they did tie the game. We hadn't scored since our very first game so the girls were very hungry to put one in the net. Unfortunately there was a silly hand ball in the box so ISK got a free kick and scored off of that. Besides that they did not have a good shot on goal the whole game. We controlled the ball the entire time and had lots of shots but could not get it in. AHHH! Finally Hwa Ni was just able to get her foot on it and it went in. You would have thought it was the World Cup the way the whole team freaked out and got so excited, to say nothning about the crowd that went CRAZY! It was just such a good game! I really had a lot of fun. We are going to have an end of the season party next weekend, that is really goig to be crazy. I sure have learn to love these girls so so so much! Thanks for being a part of me being here!

No comments: